The Kingdom Builders-tf
Nimrod, On the Plain of Shinar
Genesis 10:8-10 ". . . Nimrod . . . began to be a mighty one . . . in the land of Shinar."
11:1-9 "And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth."
(1) Hebrews 13:14 "For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come."
(11:8-10 "By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: for he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.")
(Revelation 21:10 "And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God. . . .")
(2) 2nd Samuel 22:3 "The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is . . . my high tower, and my refuge. . . ." [numerous]
(3) Isaiah 14:12-14 "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High." (Satan is the head of the kingdom builders.)
[arrogance, pride, willfulness, glorifying of self and of flesh]
Matthew 23:12 "And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted."
John 10:1 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber." [politics, religion, mob rule, conspiracies, subtleties]
Luke 12:32 "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom."
(4) 2nd Samuel 7:23 "And what one nation in the earth is like thy people, even like Israel, whom God went to redeem for a people to himself, and to make him a name. . . ?" [numerous]
Isaiah 56:1-8 ". . . I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off."
[You wouldn’t have to "make a name" for yourself.]
(5) Hebrews 11:12-16 "These all . . . confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. . . . wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city."
Acts 8:1-4 "Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word."